Ant Mazes Activity for Kids
Need a fun activity to keep your little ones entertained? The Victoria Bug Zoo and Babysits have got you covered! These ant mazes are really fun and perfect for young kids. Completing mazes like these are great for children as it improves their problem solving skills. It’s also a great way for children to practice their patience, learn about persistence, and improve their cognitive thought processes. If that’s not enough, it’s also great for improving fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination!
You can download these mazes and print them out for your kids. If you want to save some paper, your child can solve the maze on a tablet using their finger or a stylus. It may be tricky for really small children, but the older ones can even do it on a laptop with their mouse!
Fun Facts about Ants!
- There are over 12,000 species of ants all over the world!
- Ants can lift 20 times their own weight, some can lift even more!!
- Some species of ants work together with other animals to make their food
- The queen ant of the Western Harvester (Pogonomyrmex Owyheei) ant species can live up to 30 years!
- When looking for food, ants leave a pheromone trail so they know where they have and have not been!
This article was written by Babysits Canada. Babysits is an online platform that helps connect parents with babysitters. Are you in need of a babysitter? Click here to find the perfect sitter for you. For more fun activities check out our blog.